From Left To Right: Jon Nip, Bernard Tam, Shu-Ling Lee
This podcast began as way to create space to discuss and dialogue around Canadian Asian culture and the mission of God. Although there are many resources available that offer great insights and reflections on God’s mission, there are very few conversations engaging the issues of churches and missions in this specific cultural context. Our hope is to be one piece of the larger narrative in giving voice, reflection, and encouragement on God’s work and mission in the Canadian Asian culture.
Canadian Asian pastors Shu, Bernard, and Jon have been friends since attending Tyndale seminary and each have a variety of experiences working in different ministry contexts: from mega churches to church plants and from Chinese churches to multicultural churches. This conversation began when we all desired avenues of encouragement and support, but also transformation. We believe that God is at work through the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Canadian Asian Churches and we long to see the church rally to be a part of God’s restorative and redeeming work together.
Our hope is that our conversations and interviews will give space:
- To have eyes, heart, and mind softened and opened by the Spirit of God
- To wrestle through the challenges and barriers
- To recognize that others are contemplating and creatively approaching the same issues
- To leverage the experiences and reflections of the larger community of saints
- To be inspired to imagine new ways to be on mission
- To journey alongside others on this Canadian Asian missional journey
For this is our God at work:
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. – Isaiah 43:19